Why does a grown woman whose children outgrew Harry Potter 10 years ago like it enough to write a week’s worth of blogs about it? Lots of reasons. The first of which is:
1. I don’t want really want to grow up.
2. How cool would it be to find out you are a wizard? What could I do with those particular abilities? Let me tell you, power over people holds no appeal for me, but there are sooo many things I would do if I could. Never mind housework and cooking, there are a few people I would like to turn into a weasel like Mad-eye Moody does Draco in Goblet of Fire. Especially the people who bullied my son in middle school.
3. I love castles, and Hogwarts is one of the most amazing castles ever. Adult or child, who wouldn’t love to be cut loose in a place like that? When we were in Germany, our viewing in Neuschwanstein was pretty limited; having free run of Hogwarts would be a dream come true.
4. Invisibility cloak. Need it, love it. I’m not sure I want to hear people talking about me (TMI) but it would be outstanding to be able to listen to and watch other people when they didn’t know I was close by.
5. Finally, I really, really want my own wand. 11-inch, cherry wood, with a Pegasus tail hair. Just because Rowling doesn’t mention a Pegasus, that doesn’t mean there aren’t any in the wizarding world.
There are so many other reasons I love Harry Potter, but I’ll save them for next year’s Harry Potter week.
Happy Halloween, Everybody!!